Location: Kanahooka, NSW.
Lakeside Memorial Park is the largest independently owned cemetery in the Illawarra region. With the cemetery grounds expanding, an existing roadway was required to be extended to provide access to new burial sites.
Design and construction of a new roadway as outlined in the plan, including a turning head large enough to accommodate the turning circle of a typical hearse.
- To accommodate the clients’ requirements within an existing area of sloping landscape.
- To complete the works in a timely manner and with the minimal disturbance to ongoing burials and the visits of relatives to existing graves.
Resolving the Challenges
- By preparing a strategic project management plan, the required works were completed ahead of schedule.
- A sensitive approach was also taken to ensure that the project was completed with the minimal disturbance to ongoing burials and the visits of relatives to existing graves.
- By working closely with the client, we ensured all works were ceased during burials close to the work area.
The project was completed successfully and ahead of schedule with minimal disturbance to the day-to-day routines of the Memorial Park. Natural and excavated materials were reused as fill to create a new landscaped grass area. The project was safely completed with zero incidents or accidents.